11.22.2011

.shockwave challenge - day 94

We drove to Greenville this evening to get geared up for all of our Thanksgiving festivities this week. I was a little hesitant about doing my shockwave challenge while we're here because my tried and true invitation method wasn't going to work. I knew I would have to get creative in order to drop the million dollar question bomb on people. I prayed during some silent moments on our drive and asked God for creative ideas and for people to come across my path that were open and receptive.

We went to Walmart when we got here to pick up a few choice snacks for Karis, so I immediately left Kristen in the health and beauty aisle and went on my search for my next shockwave victim. Just a few moments later, I was walking down a main aisle and a woman and her son walked past me and then turned around and asked if I knew where the shower curtains were. I didn't, but I knew I could find them. I led her right to them and then said, "Since you asked me a question, now I get to ask you one!" I asked them the question and they both said they knew for sure they would go to heaven because they had a relationship with God through Jesus Christ.

I overheard the mom say to the son as they walked away, "That was a good question, huh?" I was amazed at how easy God made it for me tonight. I have a new sense of confidence about shockwaving in another city this week. I know it's going to be challenging, but I believe I'm up for it! Who knows? Maybe I'll get some of my family in on the action!

Perhaps you'll be out of town this week in a new environment without any invitation cards to open the door for you to talk to someone about Christ. Be prepared for God to set you up and then seize the moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment