11.19.2011

.shockwave challenge - day 91

We had a great time in Atlanta today hanging out with my bro and going to the Georgia Aquarium. We were by the fountain in Centennial Park taking a few pictures with the self timer on our camera when a guy walked up and asked if we wanted him to take a few. We agreed and then I returned the favor for his family. After they walked away, Gregg busted me. He said, "I thought you were about to shockwave those people and I'd get to see you in action." I told him that sometimes I miss 'em and sometimes I don't. I knew I should have shared the gospel with them after I let them get away. It's just another reminder that opportunities are coming toward us or past us everyday. I was certain I wouldn't let another one pass by today, so after we ate dinner, I asked our waitress if she needed prayer. She said she could use a prayer for health and strength. I said we could take care of that and then I asked her the big money question. She told me she hoped she would go to heaven and I asked her what would qualify her to get in. She answered that she tried to do everything right and live up to the Bible. I shared the gospel with her and learned that she had accepted Christ when she was younger but didn't get to church that often now because of her job. I assured her of her salvation and told her that getting into heaven isn't based on what she does, but receiving what Christ had already done. We prayed for strength and healing and then she said, "Thanks! That made my night!"

On our way back to the car, Gregg and I had a great chat about evangelism triumphs and tips. It's really cool to see how God is working in his church to reach the lost in Colorado. It reminds me of 1 Timothy 2:4 - "He wants not only us but everyone saved, you know, everyone to get to know the truth we've learned." God desires all people everywhere to be saved and the only way that's going to happen is if His people everywhere share the gospel everyday.

What are you going to do about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment