9.14.2011

.shockwave challenge - day 25

Wednesdays are usually a day where I would have to "on purpose" go out to meet someone to share the gospel.  I have been sharing my faith on such a regular basis now that I've been praying for God to bring people to me so that I can share with them.  I believe that the more open we are to sharing our faith, the more God will trust us to do just that and He will make sure opportunities come our way.  For example, about two weeks ago, we were sitting at home watching TV and we got a knock on the door.  Kristen answers the door to find that there are two kids selling candy bars.  Well, I bought one of their candy bars and then they proceeded to walk away.  After I shut the door, Kristen looked at me puzzled and asked, "Aren't you going to share the gospel with them?"  I laughed and said, "Yeah!"  Then I opened the door and stopped them halfway down the driveway.  They didn't know if they would go to heaven and so I shared the gospel with them and led them in the prayer of salvation.

Today, I ate lunch at home and didn't go anywhere other than work, so I had already decided I would have to go out somewhere after service tonight to do my shockwave challenge.  Well, guess who shows up to deliver a package?  The UPS guy!  So, I took advantage of the opportunity and shared the gospel with him.  He said he didn't know whether he'd go to heaven.  After further conversation, I discovered that he went to church and that he had already confessed Jesus as his savior.  I was able to encourage him that getting into heaven is based solely on confessing Jesus as Lord according to Romans 10:9.  Before he left, he thanked me profusely and said, "I needed that!"

We should never hesitate to share the gospel with others.  I don't know how many times this UPS guy has made deliveries to churches or the homes of Christians, yet how many of them have taken the time to share the gospel with him?  I know that there was a time when I wouldn't have either.  But today's a new day.  I'm a life-giver and I'm taking the shockwave challenge.  What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment