9.25.2011

.shockwave challenge - day 36

After lunch, we went to Target to pick up a few things. While we were checking out costumes for Karis for Trunk or Treat, I saw a young man with a cane and a knee brace. Immediately, my heart went out to him and I was moved with compassion. I knew I had to talk to him. We went down the aisle they were in and I invited them to church. They were a military couple and were looking for a good church to attend. We assured them that they would be welcome and would fit right in. I asked him how he injured his knee and he told me he fell down a ladder in the submarine he worked on. I began telling him about Jesus and how he went about healing the sick and said those who believe in Him could do the same. He wasn't ready for me to pray for him right then, but said they would come to church and would let me pray for him there. I asked the million dollar question and learned that they were both believers. We encouraged them again and before we left, I offered another invitation for healing but he wasn't comfortable praying there in the store. I sincerely believe that it's not God's plan for anyone to experience the kind of pain he was going through. I pray that they will come to church so that I can minister to him again. And if not, I pray for other believers to come across his path to minister God's healing power to him.

Regardless of where you are today, don't let that stop you from taking advantage of an opportunity to share the gospel with someone. See a need and then jump into action with God's compassion.

No comments:

Post a Comment