10.17.2011

.shockwave challenge - day 58

I went up to BDubs this morning to meet up with Jason and Cullen to check in on them and of course, see about the possibility of scoring free wings for a year.  I realized that it wasn't going to happen for me this morning.  Unlike the "five o'clock people" in the parable, this time, you'd have to show up early enough to get in on the action.

While we were there, they did a few giveaway contests and then a lady walks up to me and asks if I knew whose car was double parked behind me.  So I pointed out the culprit and then struck up a conversation.  I knew this would be an opportunity to share my faith.  I waited on her sister to park the car and get out and then I invited them both to church and offered to pray with them.  They didn't want prayer at that moment, so I asked them the million dollar question to which they both replied, "Yes."  I asked them how they knew they would go to heaven and they said they were saved.  I was glad to meet some fellow believers and I encouraged them to share their faith with others.  I didn't stick around for the rest of the time, but if I thought I had even a remote chance of scoring some free wings, I would have stayed!

Later, while at work, a delivery guy came by to drop off an order from Office Depot.  I signed for the order and then asked if I could pray with him about anything. He told me his grandmother had just passed away and that we could pray for the family.  I encouraged him and then asked him the million dollar question before we prayed.  He assured me that he was saved already and then we agreed together for comfort and peace for his family.

I couldn't think of a better way to get my day started than with the shockwave challenge!  How about you make a plan to start your day that way, too?  Get out there and meet somebody new and then share the gospel with him or her.  You'll be amazed at how invigorating it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment