10.25.2011

.shockwave challenge - day 66

The pest control guy came to the church today to do the usual treatment.  After he did his job, I asked him if he needed prayer for anything.  He told me about his family and how his grandmother had passed away a month ago and they could use some prayer for that.  I offered my condolences and shared a little about God's comfort and peace.  Then I asked if he knew for sure he would go to heaven when he died.  He said he believed he would and I asked him why.  He told me he was a pretty good person and even though he had made some mistakes when he was younger, he's gotten his life straightened out since he has become a father.  I acknowledged how noble that was and I shared with him what the Bible had to say about how to get to heaven.  I told him that no good deed made him good enough to get into heaven and that Jesus was the only way.  After I presented the gospel and told him about Romans 10:9, I asked if he had ever said a prayer to make Jesus his Lord.  He nodded his head emphatically and said, "Oh, yeah."  I encouraged him to attend church regularly because it would help him grow in his faith and develop relationships with other believers.  Before he left, I prayed with him for his family and believe that the Holy Spirit is comforting them in their time of loss.

Maybe you'll have an expected or unexpected visitor today and I encourage you to take advantage of the opportunity and share the gospel with him or her.  Don't let that moment slip away!  Capitalize on it by offering prayer, inviting them to church, or in some other way, get to that important question about their eternity.   You'll never what kind of difference you can make!  Go give life!

No comments:

Post a Comment