10.31.2011

.shockwave challenge - day 72

We had our annual Trunk or Treat at church tonight and so many people worked together to create an environment where lives could be changed. As a result of people doing trunks, donating candy, running concessions, getting people registered, doing security, hosting, praying, playing music, doing sets and lights and acting for the gospel hayride, and setting up and tearing down, thirty-nine people called upon the name of Jesus to be saved.

I actually did my shockwave challenge during the event as well. I saw a woman with a cane and was drawn to talk to her and her family. I introduced myself and talked to them about the event for a moment and asked if they had ridden the hayride. They hadn't and were actually about to leave because of the cold weather. I asked what happened to her leg and found out she was injured during her military service and it affected her gait. I asked if I could pray for her. She agreed and I told her to expect a difference after we prayed. She wasn't in any pain, so I told her to continue acting in faith. I asked her and her husband the million dollar question and neither of them knew for sure that they would go to heaven. I shared the gospel with them and asked if they believed that Jesus died on the cross and rose from the grave. The husband did but the wife had some doubts. She didn't understand why God would punish His son like that. I shared with her further how Jesus was the perfect sacrifice because he hadn't sinned and he willingly took on the punishment in order to save us...much like a soldier sacrifices him or herself to save others. She understood more then and I prayed with both of them to be saved.

I'm so thankful for all the people who helped with the Trunk or Treat and did their part to see lives changed. What about you? Are you doing your part? Share the gospel with someone today and make a difference in someone's life!

No comments:

Post a Comment