10.22.2011

.shockwave challenge - day 63

Nine weeks ago, I started an incredible journey with the intention of sharing the gospel with at least one person a day for a week. I didn't know I could do it, and I definitely didn't foresee the results of how it would change me. I've prayed with 59 people to be saved, 3 people have been miraculously healed and many more have been impacted by God's amazing love. It's been an incredible ride and I feel like I'm still barely scratching the surface of what God's going to do through the shockwave movement.

Today we went to the fair and had a great time. While Karis was riding the swings, I struck up a conversation with another dad who was watching his kid. We talked about the fair briefly and then I dropped it on him - the million dollar question, that is. He said he believed he would go to heaven and when I asked him why, he said what many others have said: "Because I've been a good person."

I told him that wasn't good enough as I shared the gospel. After I went through our script with him, I asked if I could lead him in a prayer to make Jesus his Lord. Then he said he'd already said a prayer like that before. I encouraged him that Jesus was the only way and his good deeds had absolutely nothing to do with it.

Will you take my challenge? Join me on an adventure like no other and watch as God changes your life in incredible ways!

No comments:

Post a Comment